Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Possibly the Best Hummus You'll Ever Eat

Here is another I get asked for after each and every party I bring it to. It is hands down the creamiest hummus you'll probably ever eat - and it DOESN'T have a ton of oil to make it that way.

The Best Hummus Ever

Finished Hummus

Ingredients:
-1 clove garlic
-1 can garbanzo beans (half of the liquid set aside)
-3 tbsp. lemon juice
-2 tablespoons tahini paste
-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
-1/8-1/4 tsp. chili powder
-freshly ground black pepper to taste
-2 tbsp. olive oil (I like chili-infused olive oil, but regular works well too.  Try to use a GOOD olive oil.)
-chives (optional)

Method:
Mince up the garlic in a food processor.  Add the drained beans, lemon juice, tahini, salt, chili powder and pepper and blend until combined.  Pour in the reserved bean liquid and the olive oil and combine well, leaving the food processor on for at least 1 minute.  Scrape down the sides and re-process if necessary.  Garnish with chopped chives if desired.

Garbanzo beans, spices, garlic, lemon juice, and tahini in food processor, before adding liquids

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jess! I'd love to pin this on my Pinterest recipe board (where I keep my "to make" recipes), but there are no pinnable images on the page. Just a thought for blog 2.0...? Great job on the blog overall, very cute.

    ReplyDelete